WHAT IS FOUR FEET COMPANION FOUNDATION AND WHAT DO YOU DO?
● FFCF is a registered charity, comprised of animal loving volunteers who want to make our community a better place for pets and people.
● We support local animal charities through financial grants, supply donations, and volunteer support. We focus on all companion animals, not just dogs and cats, but also horses, rabbits, and potbelly pigs.
● Our areas of focus are emergency situations and special projects such as spay/neuter initiatives, with a focus on expanding the impact these charities have on the community.
WHICH CHARITIES HAVE YOU SUPPORTED?
We have approved and granted to over 17 organizations, including:
1. Fort McMurray SPCA
2. Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society (AARCS)
3. Bear Valley Rescue
4. MEOW Foundation
5. Pets for Life Society
6. Alberta Spay Neuter Task Force
7. Cochrane Humane
8. Red Deer SPCA Society
9. Pitbulls for Life
10. Underdogs Rescue
11. Persian Dreams and Canine Themes
12. Zoe’s Animal Rescue
14. Tails to Tell Rescue
15. Tails of Help
16. Pound Rescue
17. Greater Edmonton Animal Rescue Society
HOW DO YOU RAISE MONEY?
● Through donations, corporate sponsorship, and fundraising events.
HOW DOES GRANTING WORK?
● Animal welfare organizations must be registered as charities with Canada Revenue Agency, adhere to our grant criteria, operate in Alberta, and complete a two-step application process that details how the funds will be used.
● We conduct thorough follow-ups on our funded projects, requiring updates and supporting expenditures.
WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED?
● Since being founded in late 2012, we have granted over $125,000 and over $5,000.00 in supplies, which has helped thousands of animals.
● Our grants range depending on the need, with a maximum of $5,000 granted per application, with the exception of special circumstances, such as the Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief fund.
WHY SHOULD I GIVE TO FOUR FEET INSTEAD OF A RESCUE CHARITY DIRECTLY?
● By focusing on emergency situations and special projects, we ensure each dollar has the greatest impact.
● We do the research and follow-up to ensure your donation goes to areputable, responsible and accountable charity.
● We also provide tax receipts in accordance to CRA rules and regulations.
Updated December 30, 2016